May 18th concert rescheduled to May 10th!
Please note that the May 18th concert originally scheduled for 8PM has been moved to St. Luke's on May 10th at 7:30PM.
BYRD AND JOSQUIN FOR CORPUS CHRISTI
- Our May concert, Byrd and Josquin for Corpus Christi, continues Chantry's ongoing traversal of Byrd's Gradualia, the monumental set of propers for the entire liturgical year which was the crowning achievement of Byrd's career. The program will pair Byrd's luminous Propers for the Feast of Corpus Christi with Josquin's great Missa Pange lingua. We will sing this music both in concert and at a solemn high Tridentine Latin Mass on the Feast of Corpus Christi (untransferred from its proper Thursday) at St. Bernadette's in Silver Spring.
Friday, May 10, 2013, 07:30 PM at St. Luke's
Saturday, May 11, 2013, 08:00 PM at St. Mary Mother of God
Thursday, May 30, 2013, 07:30 PM at St. Bernadette's
- "extraordinarily expressive and even exuberant"
- "David Taylor has been carving adventurous paths for [Chantry] for the past decade."
- "edge-of-seat vitality"
- "Chantry navigated Byrd's intricate counterpoint with precision."
- "an evening of exceptionally interesting and moving music"
- ~ The Washington Post
- "extraordinary singing"
- "impeccable diction and intonation"
- "cleansingly pure in tone"
- ~ Ionarts Music
- "Chantry is one of the musical glories of Washington"
- "dazzling complexity"
- "an ocean of sound"
- ~ ALLARTSREVIEW4U